Last Updated: December 29, 2022
Information We Collect
Marathon Staffing collects information that identifies, relates to, describes, references is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device (“Personal Information“). We have collected the following categories of personal information from individuals within the last twelve (12) months:
– Identifiers, including individual’s name, home address, telephone number, email address, Social Security number (SSN), driver’s license number, or passport number
– Personal information categories described in the California Customer Records statute, including individual’s signature, education, employment history, bank account or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information
– Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as race, national origin, gender, age, medical conditions, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, request for family and medical care leave, and request for pregnancy disability leave
– Internet or other similar network activity, including browsing or search history
– Geolocation data, such as the location of company-issued laptops, mobile phones, device location
– Professional or employment-related information, such as work history, prior employer, human resources data, and data necessary for administering benefits and related administrative services
– Non-publicly available educational information as defined under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and related regulations, such as a grade point average and school transcript
– Inferences drawn from other personal information to create profiles reflecting preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, or aptitudes.
– Certain sensitive information, such as government identifiers (Social Security Number, driver’s license, passport or state identification card), account access credentials (usernames combined with required access/security code or password), racial or ethnic origin, mail/email/text message contents, health information, biometric data for timekeeping, banking data, and I/P addresses
Sources of Information We Collect
We have collected the categories of Personal Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
Directly from you. For example, from applications, forms, or communications you complete when applying for employment or utilizing Marathon Staffing’s services.
Indirectly from you. For example, from observing your actions on our website, application, and other technologies. Additionally, we may receive personal information about you from third parties. For example, we may receive information from publicly available career sites. Additionally, you may choose to provide us with information processed by a third-party website, such as a job search or social media website. We may receive information from parties providing background and drug screening, identity verification, and work authorization information. We use this information to determine which employment opportunities may be a good match for you based on your skills, experience, and/or feedback from our clients or other third parties.
Use of Personal Information
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following purposes:
– Provide Marathon Staffing services to our workforce and our clients
– Process employment applications for positions you may apply for with Marathon Staffing or Marathon Staffing clients
– Match candidates and Marathon Staffing clients with job opportunities, including using geographic or location data to determine an individual’s proximity to a worksite or job location/opportunity
– Manage our employee workforce
– Manage any payments, benefits, and/or compensation obligations and transactions
– Meet our obligations as an employer under your employment contract or other applicable employment laws
– Manage employment relationships with individuals including human resource related matters
– Educate, train, and develop our employees and workforce
– Administer our account with individuals
– Administer and manage Marathon Staffing internal business operations, including conducting audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, troubleshooting, data analytics, testing, research, statistics and surveys, including analyzing our job candidate and associate bases, surveying individuals’ work- related skills, analyzing hiring practices, and identifying skills and qualification data
– Provide information on Marathon Staffing services individuals may request from Marathon Staffing
– Communicate or market Marathon Staffing services or other products or services Marathon Staffing offers or believes that individuals might be interested, including relevant job and employment opportunities, including sending e-mails and other promotional communication about Marathon Staffing and Marathon Staffing services, including marketing, advertising, surveys, promotional, and thought leadership material
– Comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations, including health and safety obligations
– Respond to requests from individuals, including the exercise of any access rights
– Optimize individual’s experience in receiving Marathon Staffing services
– Manage, administer, and monitor our technology, application, and website usage, including monitoring our network and information security
– Ensure that the content on our website is presented in the most efficient manner
– Use for other permissible business purposes, such as data analysis and developing new products, services, and offerings
Disclosure of Personal Information
Marathon Staffing may disclose Personal Information as necessary to complete legitimate business, commercial, and/or legal purposes. We may disclose Personal information to:
– Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company, and its subsidiaries, who may support us in our data processing and provision of Marathon Staffing services
– Service providers assisting in providing the Marathon Staffing services and managing our internal business operations, including but not limited to support for recruitment, interviewing, applicant tracking, resume/CV management, infrastructure management, platform management, application services, marketing, data analytics, skill assessments, and drug and background screening to manage requests and questions from you, personalize or enhance transactions, verify, process, store, enforce, investigate and/or collect actual or potential transactions, or assist or respond to our consultants including, but not limited to, auditors and lenders
– Marathon Staffing customers and clients so that you may perform work for them and/or be considered by them for employment opportunities
– Government regulators, law enforcement authorities or alleged victims of identity theft (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal purpose, (ii) if we believe appropriate in response to a lawful disclosure request, and (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity
– To third parties in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, restructuring, assignment, sale of assets, or bankruptcy or insolvency
– To third parties as necessary to exercise our rights or to assist third parties in defending their rights under applicable laws, including, without limitation, to assert, defend, and enforce our property rights and to respond to legal process
– Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our website
– To any third parties in which you explicitly direct or consent for us to provide information
No Sale of Personal Information
In the last 12 months, Marathon Staffing has NOT sold California consumer’s Personal Information to third parties.
Retention of Personal Information
Marathon Staffing may retain Personal Information as necessary to achieve the collection and use purposes. This may include retaining Personal Information: (a) for as long as we have an ongoing legitimate business purpose for retaining such information; (b) for as long as we provide Marathon Staffing services to you; (c) to comply with our legal obligations (e.g., if you are an employee of Marathon Staffing we have certain legal obligations to maintain information past the end of your employment); and (d) to resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Individual’s Rights and Choices
California law provides California consumers with specific rights regarding their Personal Information. Individuals’ rights include the following:
– Right to be Informed: Individuals have the right to be informed of: (a) the categories of personal information collected about them; (b) the categories of collection sources; (c) the business or commercial purposes for processing such personal information; and (d) the categories of third parties with whom we share such personal information. The foregoing is set for in this California Notice & Policy.
– Right to Access: Individuals have the right to request access to a copy of the personal information collected about them over the past 12 months.
– Right to Delete: In certain circumstances and subject to certain exceptions, individuals may have the right to request that their personal information be deleted.
– Right to Opt-Out of Sales of Personal Data: Individuals the right to opt out of the sale of their personal information. Your Personal Information is never sold, rented, or leased to any external company, unless you have granted us permission to do so.
– Right to Limit Use of Sensitive Personal Information: Individuals have the right to limit usage of Sensitive Personal Information to the extent necessary to perform the services reasonably expected by the consumer.
– Right to Non-Discrimination: Marathon Staffing will not discriminate against individuals when they exercise their privacy rights under the CCPA and will not: (a) deny individual’s goods or services; (b) charge you different prices or rates for goods or services; or (c) provide individuals with a different level of quality of good or services. However, due to the nature of the Marathon Staffing Services, failure to provide certain personal information may result in Marathon Staffing being unable to provide such Marathon Staffing Services without certain requisite personal information.
How to Exercise Your Rights
If you are a California consumer and wish to exercise your rights regarding your Personal Information, you may submit a request as follows:
– Email: HRCompliance@marathonstaffing.com include the following information
- First Name
- Last Name
- Current Address
- Nature of Request
– Phone: 978-649-6230; leave a message for human resources
California consumers making a request must verify consumer’s identity to proceed with any request. Any California consumer requesting to exercise their rights must provide one of the following: a scanned Driver’s License or Government Identification.
Marathon Staffing may take steps in compliance with applicable law to verify a requestor’s identity. Subject to applicable law, Marathon Staffing may limit or deny requests. Marathon Staffing is only required to respond to verifiable consumer requests in which Marathon Staffing can reasonably verify the request is made by the consumer about whom Marathon Staffing has collected Personal Information.
Other California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to HRCompliance@marathonstaffing.com or write us at: 164 Westford Road Unit 25, Tyngsboro, MA 01789 ATTN: Human Resources.
Changes to this Notice
Marathon Staffing may modify this Notice at any time, and any modified version is effective immediately upon posting. Marathon Staffing encourages you to review the Notice each time you visit our websites.
If you have any questions or comments about this notice, the ways in which Marathon Staffing collects and uses your information described here and in the Privacy Notice, your choices, and rights regarding such use, or wish to exercise your rights as required under California law, please do not hesitate to contact us at:
Phone: 978-649-6230; leave a message for human resources
164 Westford Rd Unit 26
Tyngsboro, MA 01879
Attn: Human Resources